Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Body Says No

Practice has been hindered by continued overwhelming fatigue and nausea.  I did manage to attend a prenatal yoga class in the new Shining Light Prenatal Center in Lawrenceville, which I've been wanting to visit for a while, and the space was lovely.  The teacher had a strong leaning to the kundalini style, which isn't always my cup of tea but the chants and energy seemed to fit well with the prenatal aspect.  I was actually the only student there, so I got a little extra attention which was nice.  I came in to the class all flustered and frustrated, I was late and had had a challenging morning with husband and child, but managed to find the peace and centering I needed and ended up in tears, again!  The pregnancy combined with the opening tendencies of yoga leave me amazingly sensitive.  Unfortunately, I did again experience a few strong waves of nausea during the class.  Some of the deep breathing, plus cat/cow exercises (?) seem to trigger the nausea.  I'm hoping that this period of fatigue and nausea will pass soon and I can get back to business (other areas of life besides yoga are being effected as well- my house is a total mess and my poor child is sadly neglected!), but the body rules here and I surrender.  

That's what I'm talking about!

No comments:

Post a Comment